Interactive AR Trade Show Experience
Experience Digital Content Within the Real World with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Applications for a Trade Show
Experience Digital Content Within the Real World
Another Reality Studio worked with JELD-WEN to create an iOS Augmented Reality trade show experience. The mobile app showcases multiple AR portal door and product showcase experiences along with a 3D video display visualizer. The app features a virtual AR portal door experience with location tracking connected to multiple physical doors with AR world tracking. Users walk through JELD-WEN physical doors to visualize a virtual home with an iPad. The dynamic environment includes points of interest and highlights JELD-WEN windows and door products.
The 3D video display visualizer features front elevations of 4 different home styles with a customize your JELD-WEN door feature (i.e. door style, glass style, grid style, material, and color). Users utilize a desktop computer to make changes and view the updates on a physical LED wall in the booth.
The interactive product showcase AR experience has base information of each JELD-WEN window product and highlights unique features with AR interactions. Examples of animations include a virtual weather and pest comparison of windows to highlight how thermo isolation works., an interactive window manufacturing machine, product points of information (POI) highlights and videos, performance grade rating checks, door opening animations, and visualize different areas of the country (virtual snowy location, beach, countryside, etc.) outside of physical windows (plus more).
Key Augmented Reality Features
- 3D modeling of virtual products to display in the booth.
- Easy to use mobile AR app with tutorial that educates users on how to interact and use.
- Clickable product fact popups tied to each physical door and window to view more information.
- Animations of the products to show their operation and highlight comparisons and points of interest.
- Realistic lighting, materials, and textures.
- AR interactions and object tracking.
- Inventory system local to the app to handle the product list and materials associated with each product.
- Publish the app on Apple iOS app stores.
- AR world tracking.
- Custom door frame fabrication calibration.
- UI for product selections.
- Room models of interiors.
- Door detection and portal system.
- Interactive ability to change material, color, type of place, and send to email.
Challenges and Core Considerations
- The client asked ARS to develop an application to highlight JELD-WEN’s many product features and showcase an interactive AR experience for trade show attendees.
Impact: Design Your Space with Augmented Reality
- ARS created a custom application that runs on iPhone and iPad that promotes JELD-WEN to tradeshow attendees in an immersive and memorable way. The augmented reality experience attracted an increase in booth visitors and gave salespeople a way to showcase product highlights.
- Interactive AR
- 3D Desktop
- iOS Mobile App Development
AR (Augmented Reality) & VR (Virtual Reality)
- Multiple augmented reality experiences
- VR Experience
- Arch Grants Startup Funding Competition
Possible Industries Applications
- Product Demo
- Location Based AR Viewing
- Instructional Learning
- Education Training
- Product Entertainment
- Full Product Viewing
- Connecting People
- Full Product Viewing
- Virtual Sales
- Visual Testing
- Product assembly AR
- AR Product Viewer
- Plan and View
- Space Planning
- Installation Instructions
- Operation Training