Geolocated AR Outdoor Walking Tour
See How ARS Developed a Unity App to create a Fun Outdoor Augmented Reality Tour with Geolocation Technology for Marketing & Wayfinding
Experience Clever Digital Content In the Real World with Augmented Reality
ARS worked with the T-REX tech incubator to develop an app for an augmented reality tour called the “GeoDiscovery Experience”. Consequently, the outdoor walking tour was featured at the GEOINT conference to highlight economic vitality within the downtown north insight district in St. Louis, MO.
In fact, the app was ultimately created for marketing and wayfinding and built for mobile applications. Features include, a digital logo animations, and 3D plans. Additionally, the app can view digital photos and videos developed for app sponsors in the real world. As a result of this augmented reality development, all features appear and interact in the real world.
Key Mobile AR Marketing & Wayfinding Features
- Easy to use mobile AR app with tutorial that subsequently educates users on how to interact with three (3) outdoor AR spaces.
- ARS integrated a 3D model of The St. Louis Convention Center’s plans for an outdoor park. As a result, image tracking shows a digital representation of the park. In other words, the park displays in actual scale to the exact future location.
- An AR experience at the Globe building that highlights sponsors and shares historic facts. Additionally, images were featured of the building’s rich history with geospatial technology. For example, the experience includes a virtual globe located on top of the building. Similarly, other sponsors have digital info.
- Content is shown in many formats. Virtual screens play video in AR with a photo collage with option to view closer to the user with a tap. Additionally, digital information overlays highlight and educate in the real world.
- Virtual 3D content for sponsors includes description of the company, logos, image/video, and a site links.
- A 20 foot dinosaur is animated and digitally interacts with sponsors in augmented reality. As a result, you can take a picture with 3D content
Augmented Reality Tour Challenges and Core Considerations
- ARS developed an application that highlighted the region’s geospatial history and future. Above all, an immersive app experience was developed for wayfinding and marketing.
- There were multiple stakeholders. As a result, the app had a tight timeline.
Impact: The AR Machine Replacement Solution
- In conclusion, ARS created a custom mobile application that runs on mobile applications and promotes the region and sponsors.
Augmented Reality Tour Application Development
- Interactive AR
Mobile and AR (Augmented Reality Tour)
- Augmented Reality through a mobile device
- Mobile Application (iOS)
- T-Rex Tech Incubator
Esri, Downtown North, Globe Building, Leidos, Enterprise, Bayer, Deloitte, World Wide Technology, Ameren, along with Veritas, Crunchy Data, Freedom Consulting Group, GDIT, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, and finally Khazaeli Wyrsch
- Virtual Events
- Design Review
- Location Based AR Viewing
- Sightline Studies
- Sun Studies
- Space Planning
- Huge AR Environment
- Product Entertainment
- Full Product Viewing
- City Planning
- Visual Testing
- Virtual Events
- Virtual Conferences
- AR Product Viewer