Geolocated AR Outdoor Walking Tour
An Augmented Reality Tour using Geolocation Technology
Experience Digital Content In the Real World
Another Reality Studio worked with the T-REX tech incubator to develop an augmented reality outdoor walking tour mobile application called the “GeoDiscovery Experience”. The app was created for the GEOINT conference to highlight economic vitality within the downtown north insight district in St. Louis, MO. The application features digital logo animations, photos, 3D plans, and videos created for app sponsors that appear and interact in the real world through augmented reality.
Key AR HoloLens Features
- Easy to use mobile AR app with tutorial that educates users on how to interact with three (3) outdoor AR spaces.
- Integrated 3D model of future St. Louis Convention Center outdoor park in actual scale using image tracking to place the model “accurately” to the future location.
- An AR experience of the Globe building that includes a virtual globe on top of the building that highlights sponsors and shares historic facts and images of the building’s rich history with geospatial technology.
- Virtual screen that plays video in AR and a photo collage that can be viewed closer to the user with a tap.
- Digital information overlays that highlight and educate users on the real world and digital content.
- Virtual 20 foot dinosaur that come to life and interacts with sponsors in augmented reality.
- Users can get their picture taken with virtual 3D content.
- Digital content within the app for sponsors. Includes: description, logos, image/video, and a site link.
Augmented Reality Tour Challenges and Core Considerations
- The client asked ARS to develop an application that highlighted the region’s geospatial history and future.
- Tight timeline with multiple stakeholders.
Impact: The AR Machine Replacement Solution
- ARS created a custom application that runs on mobile applications. This application promoted the Downtown North Insight District and sponsors of the event in a fun and memorable way.
- Interactive AR
Mobile and AR (Augmented Reality Tour)
- Augmented Reality through a mobile device
- Mobile Application (iOS)
- T-Rex Tech Incubator
Esri, Downtown North, Globe Building, Leidos, Enterprise, Bayer, Deloitte, World Wide Technology, Ameren, Veritas, Crunchy Data, Freedom Consulting Group, GDIT, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Khazaeli Wyrsch
- Virtual Events
- Design Review
- Location Based AR Viewing
- Sightline Studies
- Sun Studies
- Space Planning
- Huge AR Environment
- Product Entertainment
- Full Product Viewing
- City Planning
- Visual Testing
- Virtual Events
- Virtual Conferences
- AR Product Viewer