3D GIS City Map for AR City Development
An Unreal Engine App Developed in Unreal Engine for an Augmented Reality Virtual Representation of a Future 3D GIS City Map
3D GIS City Map of a Future City
Microsoft and Upwork teamed to dream of a future city. This city would be digital and also used at a trade show. Accordingly, they partnered with ARS to develop an augmented reality 3D GIS City Map of a future city to visualize data for the show.
During the project, ARS received research data from Upwork and Microsoft. The data predicted what a future city would become. Shortly thereafter, ARS used Unreal Engine to develop a 3D view of the city in augmented reality.
Data and features included future tech. Specifically, features include: more people working from home, traffic, drone deliveries, more co-working spaces, autonomous driving/ better transportation, more integrated downtown and state of the art residential spaces. The cities use environmental options for power and created unique entertainment features for families.
ARS utilized their talented developer team to create an augmented reality (AR) custom application for future plans. Furthermore, clients can view a virtual 3D city with digital information over the city. Additionally, the app utilizes AR city placement to visualize the city virtually in a real life setting.
- Realistic visuals in contrast to a flat 2D environment
- Use the camera snapshot option for renderings and pictures. This is more than a 2D camera. In fact, features include shadows, lighting, seamless materials, and post-processing to make your design look like it’s already built
- Easy to use user interface in contrast to difficult UI
- 3D and AR modes
Challenges and Core Considerations of the 3D GIS City Map
- The ARS project manager began the project with concept evaluation and feasibility. In addition, they worked with with the client on user design, estimating, and planning. They also created project milestones and a timeline to finish.
- The developer team lead worked with a 3D artist and worked together to create city models with realistic materials. Moreover, the developers utilized ARkit in Unreal Engine as the AR frameworks to create the app features.
- After project delivery, ARS continued working with the client for maintenance/ support, new projects, and additional feature requests.
Impact: The ARS Solution
In conclusion, ARS created a custom app that allows the client to utilize augmented reality to view a city on unlimited locations with AR. As a result, the ARS solution allows for unlimited perspectives to view site lines and lighting.
- Interactive AR and iOS/Android Mobile App Development
AR (Augmented Reality) for 3D GIS City Map
- Augmented reality (AR) and location planning
- Single or multiple product AR visuals
- Real time AR on table top
- Microsoft and Upwork
Possible Industries Applications
- Rental or event staging
- Tradeshow/ Conferences
- City Planning/ Design
- Digital Twins