AR Future City Planning and Development
Augmented Reality Digital Twin
Microsoft and Upwork asked ARS to create an augmented reality version of a future city to visualize data for conferences. ARS received research data from Upwork and Microsoft that predicted what a future city would become.
Data and features included, more people working from home, traffic, drone deliveries, more co-working spaces, autonomous driving/ better transportation, more integrated downtown and state of the art residential spaces. The cities use environmental options for power and created unique entertainment features for families.
Another Reality Studio utilized their talented developer team to create an augmented reality (AR) custom application for future plans. You can view a virtual 3D city with information overlays within the city. The app utilizes AR city placement to visualize the city virtually in a real life setting.
- High Fidelity Visualizations
- Use the camera snapshot option for renderings and pictures. This feature includes shadows, lighting, seamless materials, and post-processing to make your design look like it’s already built
- Intuitive user interface
- 3D and Augmented Reality (AR) modes
Challenges and Core Considerations
- The Another Reality Studio project manager began the project with concept evaluation and feasibility. He collaborated with the client on user design, estimating, and planning to create project milestones and a timeline for completion.
- The developer team lead worked with in house artist to create city models in 3D and depict realistic materials. The developers utilized ARkit in Unreal Engine as the AR frameworks to create the app functionalities.
- After project delivery, ARS continued working with the client for maintenance/ support, new projects, and additional feature requests.
Impact: The ARS Solution
ARS created a custom app that allows the client to utilize augmented reality to view a city on unlimited locations with AR. The ARS solution allows for unlimited perspectives to view site lines and lighting.
- Interactive AR
- iOS/Android Mobile App Development
AR (Augmented Reality)
- Augmented reality experience
- AR location planning
- Single or multiple product AR visualization
- Real time augmented reality on table top and viewing in AR
- Microsoft and Upwork
Possible Industries Applications
- Rental or event staging
- Tradeshow/ Conferences
- City Planning/ Design
- Digital Twin