Augmented Reality (AR) for Landscaping
See What Your Lawn Can Become with Landscaping Augmented Reality. Visualize, Design, & Measure for Sales & Quoting.
Landscape Augmented Reality Project Overview
Another Reality Studio developed an iOS augmented reality (AR) application for landscaping projects. As a result, ForeverLawn can design, measure, and estimate landscaping projects. Product visualization is improved with the custom app. Moreover, this helps the client with customer sales and quoting. Specifically, the application uses LiDAR available on certain iOS devices for precise measurements.
Key Augmented Reality Features
- Measure area using an iPhone or iPad with LiDAR feature. At this point, the application scans the area of work using LiDAR for accurate measurements. In particular, the user taps virtual points on their device. The use the camera feature to view digital elements in the real world.
- Trace points are digitally added to the ground and viewed on your device. At the same time, accurate dimensions are measured and displayed between points.
- LiDAR is used to locate AR objects placed in real-space.
- Landscaping products can be seen in the app, therefore you can view different products.
- App displays landscaping from ForeverLawn Catalog to view products in the real world. As a result, you can see size and scale.
- Screenshot capability gives clients a digital picture of future landscaping. Additionally, the screen shots can be emailed to end clients.
- Opacity slider is a feature for digital and real world control.
Challenges and Core Considerations
- End clients had trouble visualizing landscaping products to view how the product fits on their property.
- Property measurement is difficult because it is a manual process. In contrast, using the app to measure is easy.
Impact: Design Your Space with Augmented Reality
- This application is a comfortable solution to view products that ForeverLawn offers.
- The client is more efficient by using the app to measure in real time. In addition,
- The end-client has more trust compared to traditional methods.
- Interactive AR
- iOS Mobile App Development
AR (Augmented Reality)
- Multiple augmented reality experiences
- Single or multiple product AR visualization
- Real time view of products in AR
Possible Industries Applications
- Hands-on Training
- Product Demo
- Location Based AR Viewing
- Sightline Studies
- Sun Studies
- Space Planning
- Instructional Learning
- Full Product Viewing
- Virtual Sales
- Visual Testing
- Installation Instructions
- Product assembly AR
- AR measurement
- Product Configurator
- AR Product Viewer
- Plan and View
- Real Estate Staging