Design America Homes in Augmented Reality
Augmented Reality Home Viewing Allows You to See 3D Future Property in the Real World… Before it is Built!
Easy to Use Augmented Reality Home Viewing
Customers of a leading house plans design company knew they did not have a way to merge digital plans with the real world. In fact, their clients had a difficult time understanding what their future house would look like on their actual property.
Another Reality Studio utilized their talented developer team to create an augmented reality (AR) custom application for residential house plans. As a result, you can scan a rendering of a home you want to build and see a virtual 3D model of the house on your actual lot. Furthermore, the app utilizes AR house placement to visualize the customer’s catalogue in real life.
Key Features of Augmented Reality Home Viewing
- Custom API integration to fit internal software and databases
- High Fidelity Visualizations compared to 2D plans
- Use the camera snapshot option for photo realistic renderings and pictures. This feature includes shadows, lighting, seamless materials, and post-processing to make your design look like it’s already built
- Top 40 house plans available
- Intuitive user interface
- 2D, 3D, and AR modes
- 3D Viewer to use standard finger gestures. Consequently, users have a bird’s eye view of the design layout in unlimited perspectives
Challenges and Core Considerations
- The Another Reality Studio project manager began the project with concept evaluation and feasibility. In addition, he collaborated with the client on user design, estimating, and planning to create project milestones and a timeline for completion.
- The developer team lead worked with in house artist to create product models in 3D and depict realistic materials. To clarify, the developers utilized ARkit and ARcore in Unreal Engine as the AR frameworks to create the app functionalities. Additionally, they used native languages to integrate APIs with the company’s internal infrastructure to communicate between app and the company’s internal database.
- After project delivery, ARS continued working with the client for maintenance/ support, new projects, and additional feature requests.
Impact: The ARS Solution
ARS created a custom augmented reality home viewing app that allows the client to view their top 40 houses on unlimited locations with AR. Moreover, the ARS solution allows for unlimited perspectives to view site lines and lighting.
AR Application Development
- Interactive AR
- iOS/Android Mobile App Development
- API Development
Augmented Reality Home Viewing
- Multiple augmented reality experiences
- AR location planning
- Single or multiple product AR visualization compared to choosing between two options
- Real time sales from magazine by further scanning product and viewing in AR
Possible Industries Applications
- Rental or event staging
- Real estate touring and leasing
- Interior design
- Product development
- Home design