Cell Tower Virtual Antenna Assembly
Immersive Cell Tower Technician Virtual Antenna Assembly for VR and 3D Web Applications
Virtual Antenna Assembly Project Overview
Another Reality Studio developed a virtual training application for cell tower antenna assembly and installation. Users move through and interact with a virtual digital twin of a real life location, assemble an antenna, climb a cell tower and install the antenna.
The virtual environment was created in Unreal Engine for virtual reality (VR) and for the web. The wireless industry training uses virtual gaming elements. As a result, a real world environment is created for a unique learning experience for students and industry professionals.
Key Virtual Training Features
- High Fidelity Visualizations
- ARS created an indoor space and an outdoor environment with accurate depiction of a real environment. Furthermore, the developers created representation of the equipment with accurate functionality. As a result, users understand their future surroundings and assemble cell tower antennas before getting the actual environment.
- Complete a 100+ ft. competency climb.
- Perform installations of booms, antennas and small cell devices on a tower
- Familiarize users with industry related tools
- Hands on practice with capstan, hoist, and rigging procedures
- Real climbing physics created so users can climb ladders and towers for timing and to help technicians understand the entire process
- Selectable equipment for specific equipment training
- Learn proper construction and tower safety standards
Challenges and Core Considerations
- The Another Reality Studio project manager began the project with concept evaluation and feasibility. Moreover, ARS collaborated with the client on user design, estimating, and planning to create project milestones and a timeline for completion.
- There is a trade skill shortage with over 20,000 job openings in the wireless industry. Therefore, Learning Alliance offers multiple Wireless Tower Technician programs that are approved by the Commission for Independent Education. In addition, they partner with small, medium and large Tower companies throughout the United States to help bridge the employment gap with cutting edge training options.
- Learning Alliance Targets out of work veterans to train them on a new skill. As a result, they are helping our veterans rejoin civilian workforces.
- There are over 33,000 job openings in the US. As a result, Learning alliance wanted to expand their student reach.
- Assemble an antenna with scoring and hands on instruction. Create a large realistic scene and antenna requiring 3D modeling and optimization to keep visual fidelity on the web and in virtual reality.
Impact: The ARS Solution
- Developed a custom training application for the web app and in virtual reality. Therefore, they can provide more options for certifications for students and companies. In addition, companies save travel costs and improve safety
- On the job training can be costly, but the use of virtual technology creates more training options.
- Reduce the need to be around potential hazards, but allows for muscle memory training and real world experiences
- Interactive VR
- Custom Mac and Windows Desktop App Development
VR (Virtual Reality)
- Dynamic Training in VR
Virtual Web Application
- Dynamic Training on the web
- Learning Alliance partners with businesses, universities and colleges. As a result, they bring structured training to veterans and civilians to ready them for the trade of their choice.
- Specialized Services
- Hands-on Training
- Sightline Studies
- Sun Studies
- Instructional Learning
- Huge VR Environments
- Evacuation Training
- Operation Training
- Full Product Viewing
- Equipment Understanding
- Installation Instructions
- Safety Training
- Onsite Training Replacement
- Installation Instructions
- Virtual Classes
- Heavy Equipment Operation Training
- Product Configurator
- Mimic the Elements
- Maintenance Instructions
- Teaching, Explaining, Instruction